Post: Meter Replacement Fitter (6 Month Contract)
Reports to: Network Manager
Job Overview: The post of Meter Replacement Fitter (6 Month Contract) is a key role within Jersey Water with three main objectives:
- Provide a good customer service and demonstrate a professional and focused manner at all times.
- Replace Company meters and to ensure minimum disruption to customers.
- Maintain accurate records of meter installations, renewals and changes.
- Candidates for the role will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate with customers in a professional manner, the ability to record and report information accurately.
- We are looking for candidates who are conscientious and self-motivated.
- Candidates will also need to have basic plumbing knowledge and ability.
- A clean driving license is also a necessity.
Summary of key duties and responsibilities:
- Replace Company meters.
- Assist the Customer Accounts Department with meter queries generated by the meter replacement programme.
- Work outside normal working hours on planned works.
- Work in accordance with the Company’s Code of Practice for Waterworks Hygiene and Safe Working Procedures, including the setting up of warning signs whilst working on public highways.
- Carry out other duties as directed.
Closing Date: Friday 19th January