Purpose of the job:
We are dedicated to deliver excellence for our customers through our people, service and performance. As a Customer Services Agent you will be the first point of contact for all customer enquiries by telephone, online, written and face to face. As part of the Customer Services team, you will ensure that all contacts are dealt with in a professional and efficient manner. Provide administration support in all areas of the department, including billing, customer communication, metering and debt collection.
- Communicates clearly and concisely over the telephone, face to face and in all written communication (GCSE English or equivalent).
- Team Working – Works successfully with others as part of a team
- Strives to meet customer expectations, delivering services that optimise quality and efficiency.
- Outgoing and positive attitude, with the ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships to enhance knowledge, experience and services.
- The ability to plan and organise, work accurately under pressure with attention to detail.
- Good organisational and problem solving skills, assists others to adapt to new systems and processes with a drive for continuous improvement.
- Builds trust and collaboration, deals effectively with confrontation.
- Takes responsibility for self-development.
- Computer literacy and numeracy (GCSE Maths or equivalent).
- Good knowledge of the island.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Process incoming mail and resolving correspondence and queries from customers via face to face, telephone, letter, e-mail, social media or our website.
- Process payments received from customers whether by cash, cheque, credit card, electronic transfer, direct debit or other means. Assist with the management of our automated payment processes ensuring direct debit and continuous credit card payment and rejections are completed 4 times a month.
- Maintain customer records and process changes to customer details including change of address, closure of accounts, opening of accounts and all other admin processes when required.
- Processing meter data to ensure accurate billing with effective involvement in shared supplies solutions, whilst sustaining customer relationships to a successful conclusion.
- A positive involvement in data cleansing, projects, scanning and maintaining process documentation.
- Carry out all other duties as and when required.
Closing Date: Thursday 15 October 2020