Post: Gardening Labourer (Tractor Driver)
Reporting to: Facilities Manager
We provide a great, safe place to work where we listen to and involve our people, supporting them with opportunities to develop whilst recognising and rewarding good performance.
The role of the Gardening Labourer (Tractor Driver) is to assist with maintaining the grounds and works at all Company sites and to assist the main tractor driver.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and attributes:
- Experience driving a tractor and use of attachments: mower, hedge cutter, trailer, back box etc. along with other commercial vehicles.
- Experience in using all gardening tools and machinery.
- Basic IT literacy.
- An enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated approach to work.
- Effective verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- A valid clean driving licence.
- Drive tractor with trailers and other attachments.
- Carry out routine checks of tractor, attachments and other company vehicles prior to use to ensure road-worthiness and safe and proper use ensuring they are clean and in good working order.
- Report all defects on vehicles or plant immediately to the line manager.
- Reporting of any defects or hazards found at company sites, interpreting requirement and then prioritising, escalating to the line manager if necessary.
- Carry out manual gardening duties.
- Assist with carrying out general maintenance work in the reservoir catchment areas and impounding reservoir sites.
- Cut grass, carry out gardening work, hedge & tree cutting, clean culverts & watercourses and other general labouring duties.
- Load and unload chemicals/hazardous materials at the treatment works.
- Hold a driving licence and drive commercial type vehicles.
- Keep a log of activities
- Work out of hours to assist with planned or emergency works.
- Work in accordance with Safe Working Procedures and the Code of Practice for Water Hygiene.
- Other related duties as required.
Closing Date: Monday 30th April