Reporting to: Customer Services Manager
Closing date for applications is Friday 29 April 2019
Purpose of the role:
To coordinate and support the development and delivery of Jersey Water’s external and internal communication strategy with a view to:
- ensuring positive news promoting Jersey Water’s position in the community is publicised
- increasing our stakeholders’ understanding of the issues that affect the company and the provision of water in the Island
- improving our communication with staff
- educating the public and specifically those in education of the need to conserve water
- managing the impact of bad news on the Company
All whilst maintaining the culture and values of the Company.
Key skills and attributes:
- Graduate level education and working towards a relevant professional qualification (e.g. Chartered Institute of Marketing).
- Recent relevant experience in a marketing and communications environment.
- An organised, methodical, positive attitude focussed on delivery of high quality work.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong written communication skills with a clear, concise writing style.
- Good team player (in relation to teams both within and outside the organisation).
- Experienced in working with social media. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To support the Customer Services Manager in the development and delivery of Jersey Water’s external and internal communications strategy and plan.
- To support the Customer Services Manager in the implementation of the Company’s communication plan across all media (press, TV, Radio, Web and social media) and areas of the business.
- To plan for and coordinate coverage of all media matters (e.g. highlighting upcoming stories and ensuring that appropriate coverage is made).
- To develop and write copy for all internal and external communication materials.
- To monitor local press and social media for direct or indirect references to Jersey Water related matters
- Liaison and initial point of contact with all media in respect of external communications matters (Giving broadcast interviews is not included within this scope).
- Liaison with third parties (e.g. charities) in the co-ordination of third party events or news releases relating to the Company. Co-ordinating the Company’s involvement in such events.
- To organise and oversee all external customer service quality control benchmarking (e.g. satisfaction surveys, focus groups, etc).
- To organise internal and external Communications/ Marketing events.
- Liaison with advertising agencies in respect of print/ media production and design work.
- Supporting the Customer Services Manager in the development and implementation of Jersey Water’s social media capability, delivering tools and best practices to the business to enable social media to be used to the Company’s best advantage.
- Day to day supervision, moderation and administration of social media accounts.
- The development and management of Jersey Water’s website and intranet (including keeping content up to date, accurate and relevant), making improvements to functionality and assisting in maximising its potential.
- To produce, maintain and manage all customer communications materials ensuring they are kept up to date. Identify areas where communications could be improved and generate appropriate content. In consultation with the Customer Services Manager.
- To support the Customer Services Manager in the development and delivery of educational programmes to increase awareness of the need to conserve water; liaising with schools and content providers as necessary.
- To oversee and arrange school visits to Jersey Water, acting as host and guide.
- To develop and manage key contacts database for external communications.
- To monitor the marketing and communications budget.
- To report on marketing & communications matters and performance against benchmarks, budgets and KPI’s on a monthly basis.
- To undertake specific ad hoc project work relevant to the development of the communications and marketing function.
- Carry out other general communications and marketing tasks that may arise and carry out all related administrative tasks.
Jersey Water is the sole supplier of treated water in Jersey and supplies water to approximately 38,000 connections across the Island. The Company is 75% owned by the States of Jersey but operates independently from it.
Given the Company’s place within the community there is a need for it to communicate with all stakeholders in a professional and consistent manner. With recent advances in mobile technology and social media, that need is changing, with an increasing need for more information, on a more frequent basis.