Jersey Water’s people strategy is focused around providing a great place to work. We achieve this by ensuring we have high calibre, happy and engaged employees who work in a safe environment and are supported to experience new challenges and fulfil their potential.
Our people are crucial to the success of Jersey Water and, as such, we invest heavily in activities that support employee engagement and wellbeing. Our generous benefits package is focused on good mental and physical health and our people’s feedback is the starting point in creating our People Strategy.
Jersey Water’s company values are incorporated into everything we do; from the way, we interact with our colleagues and customers, to Strategy setting and delivery. Our values are so important that our performance is measured equally between the role that we perform and the way that we do it (living and demonstrating our values). Team participation and feedback flow through each of Jersey Water’s initiatives, with many people getting involved in projects outside of their own departments. Cross-team collaboration is at the heart of everything we do.
The role of Storeman is a key role within the Operations Team to help manage the company’s stock and non-stock items through purchase, inspection and monitoring duties, and to support the collection, handling and reporting of data. You will assist the Finance department with stocktakes, the Network department in the delivery of projects and reactive work such as burst repairs and will assist with other departments as and when required. The role is a blend of physical, practical and desk-based work. You will be given new challenges and follow an exciting learning curve with continuous support and guidance from the team.
You will also need to demonstrate the following attributes:
• Self-motivated discovery learning to develop and enhance skills appropriate to the role.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and ability to demonstrate a professional and focused manner at all times.
• IT literate, knowledge of MS365 products.
• An enthusiastic, proactive, and self-motivated approach to work.
• An organised, methodical working style, able to manage priorities and work with accuracy.
• A good attention to detail and the ability to solve problems by applying knowledge and understanding.
• Ability to work safely and with minimal supervision including on-site work.
• Have a full, clean driving license covering, at a minimum, Class B1 and B.
• An appreciation of health and safety practices in utility environments.
The following attributes would be advantageous:
• Experience in using Enterprise Asset Management systems.
• Knowledge and experience of GIS.
• Knowledge and or experience Printing labels (Brady Printer) Sign making Roland Engraving Machine.
What you do
• Ensure that adequate stock levels are maintained for equipment and materials throughout the organisation. Monitor and replenish stock and materials from a wide range of suppliers.
• Issue parts, pipes, fittings and other items held in stock and ensure that such items are stored in a safe and tidy manner in their allotted space.
• Input data accurately on relevant systems ensuring all procedures for booking stock in and out are completed.
• Maintain the image of the stores by regular housekeeping and ensure a safe and tidy working environment.
• Follow stock taking procedures.
• Take deliveries and assist in the loading and unloading of stores and equipment and where necessary, transport stock to the relevant destination using company vehicles.
• Work with the Stores team and other departments to advise and provide guidance on all matters related to stores and stock.
• Arrange and control the replenishment of all non-stock items i.e. cleaning items, consumables, light tools, protective clothing, safety equipment and the issue of supplies to employees and departments.
• Organise the storage, monitoring, recording and replenishment of any equipment required for the Company’s emergency water supply provision.
• Support the delivery of strategic projects across the business.
• Support the wider Water Operations Team in administrative tasks, system management and development.
• Carry out other duties as required.
How you do it (Company values)
• Take personal ownership of your personal and professional development, booking 1:1 meetings, performance reviews and focused five discussions. Fully preparing for each
• Constantly review the work that you do and the way that you do it, looking for opportunities to streamline processes
• Align your behaviour, actions and decision making with our values of We Care, We are ambitious and We work together at all times
• Act as a leader at all times, considering the impact of your actions on others
• Present a positive, can-do attitude
• Support your Lead in the successful delivery of departmental objectives and changes in policies and processes
• Challenge the status quo in a productive and positive manner
• Accept and give feedback readily, assuming positive intent
• Keep up to date with policies and procedures
• Put the needs of the company and our customers at the forefront of our minds
• To actively partake in interdepartmental and wider company group initiatives to promote team working to ensure continuous improvement is demonstrated.
• To understand and live the Company Values, being able to demonstrate alignment to them as part of the performance review process.
Closing Date: Monday 2nd May