Jersey Water will be hosting for the first time a Car Boot Sale at the Val De La Mare Reservoir site on Sunday 7th September 2014 from 10am to 2pm.
This is rescheduled after being cancelled in May due to bad weather. All proceeds will go to Friends of Jersey Oncology (FOJO), which is Jersey Waters selected charity for 2014. The Car Boot Sale will be managed and run by Jersey Water staff.
Cheryl Kaye, HR Manager and Chairperson of Jersey Water’s Charity Committee commented; “We wanted to provide a fundraising event, to not only raise awareness of the charity but one that would encourage all ages in the Community to get involved. By using one of our most popular sites, Val De Mare Reservoir (at the Dam end at St Ouen), we know we have a great location to provide sufficient space for pitches and parking. Car Boot Sales are popular across the Island and we hope as the weather is getting better it will provide an opportunity to get rid of unwanted items, and also help support a very worthy cause.”
- The Car Boot will be on the St Ouen side of the Val De La Mare Dam. To access the site drive along La Route du Moulin.
- Parking will be available on site for buyers as well as sellers
- There will be 80 selling pitches available on the site, to book a pitch contact Jersey Water on 707300 during office hours only (Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm)
- To book a pitch out of hours text your name and car J Reg to 07797 766121
- Cost per pitch is £8 and booking in advance is advisable
- Payment will be taken on the day.
- Refreshments will be available on site.
About Friends of Jersey Oncology (FOJO)
The Jersey Oncology Unit coordinates the care of patients with all types of cancer. The Friends of Jersey Oncology (FOJO) was formed in 2012 to raise funds for the purchase of non-States provided equipment and services for the Oncology Unit.
In 2014 it is estimated that the chemotherapy ward will give chemotherapy drugs to around 400 new cancer patients. This year FOJO aims to hold all new patients hands by providing them with a patient pack of items to help them overcome many of the common issues caused by the side-effects these drugs have on the body.
To find out more about FOJO please visit www.fojo.je or follow them on Facebook