Jersey Water’s Charity of choice for 2019
Friends of Special Care Baby Unit was formed by a group of parents whose babies spent their first precious days and months in the dedicated care of the neo-natal unit where SCBU’s incredible work ultimately saved their childrens’ lives. In return, the Friends of SCBU team work hard to raise vital funds so that other parents and babies within our small island community can benefit from the essential treatment often needed for premature and sick babies. Jersey Water’s staff are supporting this charity for 2019 as many of us have friends or family, and indeed some staff, who have benefited from their expertise and care.
Friends of SCBU’s goals are;
– To raise funds for essential specialist equipment.
– To raise funds for other necessities within the unit, such a the parent-child room.
– To raise funds for families who need to travel to the UK with their babies, to help cover the travel, accommodation and living costs.
– To raise awareness of the Special Care Baby Unit.
– To raise assist families who need support through contact with other families in similar situations.
To learn more about SCBU, to donate or to volunteer to help, visit their web page here.