Post: Network Administrator
Reporting to: Network Systems and Connections Developer
Closing Date: Tuesday 31 August
Jersey Water’s people strategy is focused around providing a great place to work. We achieve this by ensuring we have high calibre, happy and engaged employees who work in a safe environment and are supported to experience new challenges and fulfil their potential.
Our people are crucial to the success of Jersey Water and, as such, we invest heavily in activities that support employee engagement and wellbeing. Our generous benefits package is focused on good mental and physical health and our people’s feedback is the starting point in creating our People Strategy. Team participation and feedback flows through each of Jersey Water’s initiatives, with many people getting involved in projects outside of their own departments. Cross team collaboration is at the heart of everything we do
The post of Network Administrator is a key role within Jersey Water and the Network Department to provide support to the Network Systems Developers, to ensure administrative tasks are completed, service information requests are up to date and to gain knowledge of the GIS system.
Candidates for the role will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate with all stakeholders in a professional manner, they will be conscientious, self-motivated and will need to demonstrate good typing, data entry and computer skills.
Candidates will also need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate a professional and focused manner at all times.
- IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office products
- An enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated approach to work
- An organised, methodical working style with the ability to manage priorities and work with accuracy to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A clean Jersey driving licence is essential.
- To actively partake in inter departmental and wider company group initiatives to promote team working to ensure continuous improvement is demonstrated.
- To understand and live the Company Values of ‘We Care’, ‘We Are Ambitious’ and ‘We Work Together’, being able to demonstrate alignment to them as part of the performance review process.
- Work closely with Network Administrator to assist with department admin.
- Maintain manual and electronic filing systems for all correspondence and records.
- Scan and send Jersey Water service information to others on request.
- Gather information from utility companies regarding their apparatus and services.
- Scan old books and records.
- Collate drawings/plans of Jersey Water mains for new/upgrades of services.
- Input information of services into the EAM system and Customer Service billing system.
- Assist with work orders and requests using EAM system.
- Using the GIS system on daily basis, to increase knowledge and assist with GIS related tasks.
- Gain knowledge of GPS device to survey water main locations.
- Gathering data out in the field and updating the GIS system
- Work in accordance with the Principles of Water Supply Hygiene and Jersey Water’s Safe Working Procedures.
- Carry out other duties as directed.
About Jersey Water
Jersey Water is the sole supplier of treated mains water to Jersey, supplying approximately 40,000 homes and businesses. The Company’s two water treatment works supply over 7 billion litres of water to customers through its 580km network of water mains each year. The Company, which is one of the largest landowners in Jersey, employs 93 people.
The Company’s raw water network includes one standby desalination plant, five boreholes and numerous stream abstraction points all feeding six impounding reservoirs.
The Company has the Silver standard accreditation for investors in People.
For more information about our company please visit our website, www.jerseywater.je.