Post: Network Administrator
Reporting to: Network Systems and Connections Developer
Jersey Water’s people strategy is focused around providing a great place to work. We achieve this by ensuring we have high calibre, happy and engaged employees who work in a safe environment and are supported to experience new challenges and fulfil their potential.
The post of Network Administrator is a key role within Jersey Water and the Network Department to provide support to the Network Systems Developers, to ensure administrative tasks are completed, service information requests are up to date and to gain knowledge of the GIS system.
Candidates for the role will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate with all stakeholders in a professional manner, they will be conscientious, self-motivated and will need to demonstrate good typing, data entry and computer skills.
Candidates will also need to demonstrate the following attributes:
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate a professional and focused manner at all times.
• IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office products
• An enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated approach to work
• An organised, methodical working style with the ability to manage priorities and work with accuracy to tight deadlines.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• A clean Jersey driving licence is essential.
• To actively partake in inter departmental and wider company group initiatives to promote team working to ensure continuous improvement is demonstrated.
• To understand and live the Company Values of ‘We Care’, ‘We Are Ambitious’ and ‘We Work Together’, being able to demonstrate alignment to them as part of the performance review process.
• Work closely with Network Administrator to assist with department admin.
• Maintain manual and electronic filing systems for all correspondence and records.
• Scan and send Jersey Water service information to others on request.
• Gather information from utility companies regarding their apparatus and services.
• Scan old books and records.
• Collate drawings/plans of Jersey Water mains for new/upgrades of services.
• Input information of services into the EAM system and Customer Service billing system.
• Assist with work orders and requests using EAM system.
• Using the GIS system on daily basis, to increase knowledge and assist with GIS related tasks.
• Gain knowledge of GPS device to survey water main locations.
• Gathering data out in the field and updating the GIS system
• Work in accordance with the Principles of Water Supply Hygiene and Jersey Water’s Safe Working Procedures.
• Carry out other duties as directed.
Closing date: Tuesday 31st August